Physical smartness leads to mental smartness
Practice green disposal of metal scraps
Masvingo City Council for everyone, despite your life challenges. Always positive with our community. The limit is the sky.
Welcome to City Health Department
We are committed to the provision of an efficient, cost-effective, convenient and a reliable health care delivery system that satisfies the needs of the patient and community in the urban settlement. We consider our contribution pivotal to the development of the economy and our success is measured by our ability to meet the ideals in a healthy environment
Our vision is to be safest, patient-centred and a competitive health department in the provision of health services.
Refuse collection schedule
Masvingo Ruins News for today.
GZU News for today.
SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES.
DEPARTMENT’S POLICY OBJECTIVES
- To prevent and control communicable diseases.
- To promote and monitor high standards of food hygiene and safety.
- To implement and enforce the provisions of the Public Health Act Chapter 15:17; other pieces of legislation and to administer Council by-laws and policies related to health so as to ensure compliance of trading and residential premises.
- To monitor and control air, water and land pollution in the urban environment.
- To monitor and maintain water quality control.
- To advise and educate urban workers on occupational health and safety in particular the control of physical, chemical and biological hazards.
- To provide an efficient service for the provision and maintenance of public conveniences and street cleansing.
2018 Annual Report
The Role played by the Health Department during 2018
- Providing Public Health services through the prevention and control of communicable as well as non communicable diseases. This is in line with the roles of the Ministry of Health and Child Care as articulated under Section 3 of the Public Health Act Chapter 15:09.
- Offering acceptable accessible affordable and appropriate Primary Health Care Services as articulated in the Alma Atta Declaration of 1981.
- Information Education and Communication on health issues.
- Keeping the City Clean, healthy and meeting environmental standards.
City Treasurer; T. Dube: 0772 570 184
City Engineer; T. Gozo; 0716 800 134
Director of Housing and Community Services; L. Nzvura: 0772 571 009
Acting Chief Health Officer; N Mapamula: 0772 957 289
Acting Chamber Secretary; V. Shonhai: 0772 360 208
City Treasuser; T. Dube: 0772 570 184
Chief Internal Auditor; D. Moyo: 0775 330 291